How to Apply
What are the areas or fields funded by the Asian Cultural Council?
|Art History||Literature (for projects to|
|Arts Administration||and from Japan only)|
|Arts Criticism||Museum Studies|
What are some of the areas or fields not funded by the Asian Cultural Council?
- activities conducted by individuals in their home countries
- capital campaigns
- commercial and industrial design
- film and video production costs
- general operating and administrative costs
- individual artist exhibitions or performance tours
- undergraduate and secondary school study
- youth training programs
- commercial or for-profit entities
- projects retroactively
Which countries/regions does ACC support?
ACC can consider applicants originating from and traveling to the following countries only:
|Hong Kong SAR||Myanmar||United States|
What materials do individual grant applicants need to provide?
A complete individual application should include:
- an application form
- a headshot and CV/resume (optional but recommended)
- two references evaluating your past work and the value of your proposed project
- samples of your previous work (optional but recommended)
- a budget summarizing the expenses associated with your proposed project
What materials do institutional applicants need to provide?
A complete organizational application should include:
- application form
- Bios/resumes of project participants
- confirmation of U.S. 501(c)3 or equivalent non-governmental organization/fiscal sponsor status in your home country
- project budget
- supplementary materials that show examples of the organization's project participant(s)’s work (optional but recommended)
What is the amount typically awarded for grants?
There is no specific amount given for individual fellowships or organizational projects. As grants vary in length of time (from one month to one year), amounts vary accordingly. Grants to organizations generally do not exceed $10,000.
What is the application schedule?
- Applications are available each fall, and can be accessed from this website at that time. Exact dates for our 2017 submission period are forthcoming.
- Applicants will be notified of our decisions by May 31st of the following year.
Are academic costs supported?
ACC is unable to provide support for full tuition costs. The Council supports living costs and international travel for students participating in graduate/post-graduate degree programs relating to the visual and performing arts. As a student you must apply for funding for each year of your study. The ACC does not award multiple-year grants. We are unable to fund secondary school or undergraduate study.
Which office should applicants refer to for additional questions?
*Applicants from China, Hong Kong SAR, and Macau SAR, please visit ACC China, Hong Kong, Macao’s website.
*Applicants from Japan, please visit ACC Japan’s website.
*Applicants from Taiwan, please visit ACC Taiwan’s website.
*Applicants from the Philippines, please visit ACC Philippines’s website.
Applicants from the U.S. and countries in Asia not listed above, please visit ACC's Online Application page.