How to Apply
The Asian Cultural Council's application system is currently closed. We accept proposals each fall, for grants to be made the following year. Exact dates for our next submission period will be posted on this page in 2017.
To apply to ACC, you must be an artist, an arts or humanities professional, a scholar, or a graduate/post-graduate student in a related field. Your country of permanent residence must be within Asia or the United States, and your proposed project must take place outside of your home country, also in either the United States or Asia.
Please note that our fellowship grants are process-oriented, not product-oriented. They are intended for exploration, not exhibition.
The majority of ACC's grants are awarded after our May board meeting. Since we are unable to provide support retroactively, the project for which you are seeking funding should begin no earlier than June 1st of the year after you apply.
ACC supports individuals working in the following disciplines:
|Art History||Literature (for projects to|
|Arts Administration||and from Japan only)|
|Arts Criticism||Museum Studies|
Applicants must originate from, and be travelling to, the following countries:
|Hong Kong SAR||Myanmar||United States|
Projects NOT Funded by the Asian Cultural Council
- activities conducted by individuals in their home countries
- commercial and industrial design
- production costs (including film, video, touring, etc.)
- individual artist exhibitions and performance tours
- undergraduate and secondary school study
- full tuition costs -- ACC can help cover living and travel expenses for graduate/post-graduate students only
- projects retroactively
- artist fees
How to Submit an Application
Our application system is active each fall, and can be accessed from this page at that time. Once entered into the system, applicants will be asked to complete the following materials:
An Application Form providing your contact details, a description of your background and qualifications, a summary of your proposed project, and other related information.
A Headshot and a copy of your CV or resume, to be included with your application. (Optional but recommended)
Request Recommendation Letters from two references. Recommenders will be asked to answer the following questions (as well as any other relevant information): (1) How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant? and (2) Assess the candidate's qualifications and previous achievements, and evaluate the potential impact/contribution of his or her project. Recommenders must submit their letters no later than December 7th, 2016.
Work Samples Samples of your past work, consisting of no more than 25 images, 15 minutes of sound/video, and/or 15 pages of text. (Optional but recommended)
A Budget summarizing the expenses associated with your proposed project, and any other sources of funding you are seeking or have received.
The following links may provide information in your native language:
* Applicants from the Philippines: if you have a question that has not been answered on this website, please email email@example.com.
* Applicants from the U.S. and countries in Asia not listed above: if you have a question that has not been answered on this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.