The Asian Cultural Council's online application form will be available from October 1st through December 1st, 2016. To apply to ACC, you must be an artist, an arts or humanities professional, a scholar, or a graduate/post-graduate student in a related field. Your country of permanent residence must be within Asia or the United States, and your proposed project must take place outside of your home country, also in either the United States or Asia.
Please note that our fellowship grants are process-oriented, not product-oriented. They are intended for exploration, not exhibition.
The majority of ACC's grants are awarded after our May board meeting. Since we are unable to provide support retroactively, the project for which you are seeking funding should begin no earlier than June 1st of the year after you apply.
ACC supports individuals working in the following disciplines:
|Architecture||Literature (for projects to|
|Art History||and from Japan only)|
|Arts Administration||Museum Studies|
Applicants must originate from, and be travelling to, the following countries:
|Hong Kong||Myanmar||United States|
Projects NOT Funded by the Asian Cultural Council
- activities conducted by individuals in their home countries
- commercial and industrial design
- film and video production costs
- individual artist exhibitions and performance tours
- undergraduate and secondary school study
- full tuition costs -- ACC can help cover living and travel expenses for graduate/post-graduate students only
- projects retroactively
Reference Letters Applicants are requested to find two references to write letters of recommendation on their behalf. The recommenders' letters should address the following questions (as well as any other relevant information): (1) How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant? and (2) Assess the candidate's qualification's and previous achievements, and evaluate the potential impact/contribution of his or her project.
Work Samples Additional samples of work may be submitted to ACC, and should consist of no more than 25 images, 15 minutes of sound/video, and/or 15 pages of text. Work samples should be sent to the same ACC office to which you are applying (see below.)
Submitting the Application During our submission period, applications can be accessed by clicking the appropriate link below.
* Applicants from the Philippines should apply through ACC's office in Manila. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All other applicants should apply through the ACC office in New York. For questions, email email@example.com.