2018 Grant Guidelines
For the 2018 grant cycle (with an application deadline in November 2017) the following restrictions and priorities will be in place:
- Applications will not be accepted in the Travel Grant or the Organization and Project Grant categories.
- Application to the New York Fellowship Program and the Individual Fellowship Program will be open only to individuals from the countries represented by an ACC office: China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines, and the U.S.
- For the Individual Fellowship Program, priority will be given to longer-term projects. Proposals for shorter duration fellowships (1-2 months) will generally not be competitive.
- U.S.-based artists applying to carry out creative projects in Asia may only apply to travel to the countries represented by an ACC office: China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan, Japan, and the Philippines.
- U.S.-based scholars may apply to travel to any of the countries listed in the General Eligibility Guidelines.
- Applicants from all eligible countries may still apply in the Graduate Scholarship category.
These restrictions are temporary while ACC enters a period of program evaluation and strategic planning. The restriction of applications to certain countries should not be interpreted as an intention to narrow ACC’s geographic focus going forward; ACC will continue to work across its established geographic purview through other avenues and partnerships in 2018. The total dollar amount ACC will award in the 2018 grant cycle will also remain consistent with recent years.
The application will open in mid-September and the deadline to submit will be 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, November 9, 2017.
For more details please see How to Apply.