Asian Cultural Council
Headquartered in New York City, the Asian Cultural Council (ACC) is a leading nonprofit founded in 1963 working in cultural exchange between Asia and the United States. ACC awards individual fellowships, as well as a limited number of grants to organizations, to support research, study, and creative work by leaders in the arts and humanities. With the goal of transformative cultural exchange that advances international dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect, ACC grants support travel from Asia to the U.S., from the U.S. to Asia, and regional travel within Asia. Staff members in New York City work closely with four regional offices in Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, and Manila, and with grantees representing 16 disciplines across 25 countries in Asia.
The Asian Cultural Council is seeking a talented intern to join the Development team in New York. This individual will support the Director of Advancement and Development Manager in implementing ACC’s annual fundraising activities and provide support for special projects such as the Capital Campaign, cultivation events, and membership programs. The intern will report to the Development Manager.
Applicants should have a strong interest in the arts and/or arts administration with a focus on fundraising and development. Selection will be made to an applicant who is responsible, organized, detail-oriented, possesses strong writing and computer skills, and demonstrates professional decorum and ability to work independently. Interns should be expected to work a maximum of 20 paid hours per week with flexibility in schedule.
ACC is committed to diversity in hiring, and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please note that all ACC New York staff are currently working remotely through June 2021.
The Asian Cultural Council offers paid summer, semester, and year-long internships to undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals. Given the small size of ACC’s staff, interns engage in meaningful projects that provide in-depth exposure to an international nonprofit arts organization. Interns are managed and mentored by senior and departmental staff to develop the skills needed to excel in this position. Orientation, training, regular performance feedback, and one on one guidance will be utilized to build upon the existing skills and interests of the intern. Projects will be designed to be challenging and encourage professional growth.
- Assist Development department in daily activities pertaining to the Development goals for ACC.
- Support Development department in the coordination and management of the Capital Campaign including prospect research, income tracking, and committee reports.
- Support Development department in special event planning including galas, cultivation events, art auctions, convenings and forums.
- Contribute to acknowledgement writing, donor correspondence, and communications materials as needed.
- Assist in donor database hygiene and donor tracking.
- Contribute to prospecting research, institutional reports, and grant proposals, as necessary.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal/written) and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with a focus on events management and donor tracking.
- Prior fundraising experience in non-profit work preferred by not required.
- Professional demeanor, ability to work with a team, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 365.
- Previous experience with donor platforms such as Bloomerang preferred but not required.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in an Asian language a plus, but not required.
ACC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a cover letter describing your specific interests and qualifications for the internship as well as a copy of your resume with ACC DEVELOPMENT INTERN in the subject line to: email@example.com. Only applicants with legal authorization to work in the United States will be considered. For more information on ACC
To download this application as a PDF, click here.