ACC is currently offering two paid internship positions: a Data Management Intership (applications due October 2, 2020) and a Social Media Internship (applications due October 15, 2020). ACC offers paid summer, semester, and year-long internships to undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals. Given the small size of ACC’s staff, interns engage in meaningful projects that provide in-depth exposure to an international nonprofit arts organization.
Headquartered in New York City, the Asian Cultural Council (ACC) is a leading nonprofit foundation working in cultural exchange between Asia and the U.S. to advance international dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect. Individual fellowships and organizational grants are awarded to support research, study, and creative work by leaders practicing 16 disciplines in the arts and humanities in the U.S. and 25 countries in Asia. ACC staff in New York City work closely with four regional offices in Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, and Manila.
ACC currently seeks an intern to assist with and support data entry, management, hygiene, and interpretation relating to grant activity and operations.
- Support data entry, management, and hygiene across various projects
- Support the transition to new data management software
- Organize, manipulate, and interpret data into charts and graphs
- Assist in research related to program development and operations as needed
- Support grants administration tasks as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with particular strength in Excel
- Ability to manipulate and interpret spreadsheet data into graphs and charts
- Familiarity with data management software; experience with Microsoft Dynamic 365 a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively under deadlines
- Interest in the arts and cultures of Asia preferred
- Fluency in English; proficiency in another language a plus but not required
All ACC staff are currently working remotely through June 2021. The internship will be virtual, with expectations to work 10-15 hours per week between the hours of 8am – 6pm, Eastern Time. A laptop will be provided. The internship will begin immediately and pays $15 per hour.
ACC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a cover letter describing your specific interests and qualifications for the internship as well as a copy of your resume with “ACC DATA MANAGEMENT INTERN” in the subject line to email@example.com by October 2, 2020. Only applicants with legal authorization to work in the United States will be considered. For more information on ACC, visit www.asianculturalcouncil.org. To download this information as a PDF, click here.
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications and has potential for growth and training across digital media marketing platforms outside of social media.
- Manage ACC’s Social Media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn via Hootesuite
- Enhance ACC’s social media presence through regular, quality posts
- Increase month to month followers and likes through organic growth strategies
- Respond and interact with followers via social media in a professional, friendly manner upholding ACC’s brand and tone of voice
- Source photos and videos for social media content through grantee content requests and ACC media archives
- Support the Marketing & Communications team as directed by manager
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal/written) and attention to detail
- Experience managing social media platforms with a track record of ability to grow audience
- Professional demeanor, ability to work with a team, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Creative, proactive, and enthusiastic to promote ACC, with an eye for design
- A portfolio or links of past accounts (personal or professional) managed by candidate will be requested during the interview process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 365 (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Hootesuite, Bloomerang, and Constant Contact a plus, though not required)
- Experience in digital marketing a plus (eMarketing, Google Analytics, etc)
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in another language a plus, but not required
All ACC staff are currently working remotely through June 2021. This position will be remote, with regular check-ins and online meetings with the Marketing & Communications team via online conferencing. A laptop will be provided. The internship will begin immediately and pays $15 per hour, with expectations to work 10-15 hours per week between the hours of 8am – 6pm, Eastern Time.
ACC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a cover letter describing your specific interests and qualifications for the internship as well as a copy of your resume with ACC SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2020. Only applicants with legal authorization to work in the United States will be considered. For more information on ACC, visit www.asianculturalcouncil.org. To download this information as a PDF, click here.