Headquartered in New York City, the Asian Cultural Council (ACC) is a leading nonprofit foundation working in cultural exchange between Asia and the U.S. to advance international dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect. Individual fellowships and organizational grants are awarded to support research, study, and creative work by leaders practicing 16 disciplines in the arts and humanities in the U.S. and 25 countries in Asia. ACC staff in New York City work closely with four regional offices in Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, and Manila.
In 2020, ACC launched a new online public program series, inDialogue. While global travel is on pause, the critical need for international dialogue and connectivity remains. ACC has pivoted—reimagining our methods, yet maintaining our purpose. The inDialogue series aims to advance international understanding and respect through the arts and to provide a platform for diverse voices of artists and arts professionals across Asia and the U.S. For an overview of 2020 inDialogue programs, please visit: https://www.asianculturalcouncil.org/indialogue.
ACC currently seeks an individual to oversee the production of the 2021 inDialogue series. This individual will lead the series with creative artistic vision, and will work in collaboration with Programs and Marketing and Communications staff across ACC’s global offices to shape program content, strategize production format (webinar, round-table, podcast, etc.), and oversee and coordinate all logistics of program execution. The series is anticipated to include 12 – 18 online/virtual programs throughout 2021.
ACC is committed to diversity in hiring, and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The selected individual will be contracted for the duration of the series and should be available to begin work as soon as possible. Please note that all ACC New York staff are currently working remotely through June 2021.
Responsibilities. The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Lead the inDialogue 2021 series with a creative vision that aligns with and amplifies ACC’s mission, vision, and brand
- Consult and collaborate with ACC global staff on series planning, production, and promotion
- Distill program themes to craft an on-brand and objectives-driven series
- Shape and fine-tune program messaging, content, and format, both for individual events as well as the overarching series
- Oversee program production to ensure smooth execution, including: technical setup, rehearsal with participants, pre-program preparation, platform management, technical wrap-up, and post-production documentation and recorded video editing
- Liaise with all program participants to coordinate technical requirements
- Collaborate with and delegate tasks to supporting technical staff as required
- Coordinate program scheduling across ACC global offices
Requirements. The ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated experience in producing live online content across various digital platforms
- Understanding of the differences and limitations of various virtual program platforms
- Strong knowledge of digital, logistical and technical aspects of production
- Technical aptitude, exceptional organization, and creativity
- Resourcefulness, keen problem-solving skills, and a willingness to collaborate with the team
- An ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively under deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership and self-motivation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong propensity for working with team members from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- Experience or interest in the arts and culture, preferred
- Familiarity and understanding of ACC’s mission and work, a plus
- Fluency in English; proficiency in another language, a plus but not required
ACC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email 1) a cover letter including your specific interests in the position, qualifications, and pay rate; 2) your resume; and 3) a portfolio of relevant/recent events/programs you have produced, with “ACC Consulting Producer” in the subject line to email@example.com by December 15, 2020. For more information on ACC, please visit www.asianculturalcouncil.org.
To download this application as a PDF, click here.