Organization and Project Grants
In addition to the general eligibility guidelines described on the Fellowships & Grants page, the following guidelines are currently in effect for this program:
|Funding Period:||June 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021|
|Who:||Organizations or groups of 3+ individuals|
|Eligible Fields:||Eligible fields|
|Travel Type:||Asia-to-U.S., U.S.-to-Asia, intra-Asia|
|Applications invited from:||Eligible countries / regions|
|Support Services:||Vary by destination country|
*based on available funding sources, priority consideration will be given for projects proposing travel to/from China, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Macau SAR, Philippines, Taiwan, and the U.S.
Organization and project grants are awarded primarily to support cultural exchange opportunities for specific project participants who will benefit from the experience as individual fellowship recipients do – through cultural immersion, research, specialized training, exchange of knowledge among peers, and other process-oriented activities. Project participants must be practicing artists, scholars, and/or arts professionals. Touring, performance, exhibition, and public-facing activities are not eligible, though these activities might make up the larger context in which ACC-eligible exchange activities take place.
Artist-led projects involving collaboration between three or more individuals are also considered in this category.
Support services are intended to enhance a proposed plan of activity, give increased access to artistic communities and cultural resources in the destination country, and deepen the cultural exchange experience. However, proposals in this program should be feasible with or without additional guidance from ACC.
On request, ACC may provide:
- Personal introductions to relevant contacts within ACC’s network of alumni and partners throughout Asia and the U.S.; this network touches all 26 countries in ACC’s geographic purview and is especially strong where ACC has offices: Hong Kong, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan, and the U.S.
- J-1 visa sponsorship for project participants traveling to the U.S.
- Funding for organizational overhead or fiscal sponsorship fees (not more than 20% of the project budget)
To be selected, applicants must:
- Be a registered nonprofit organization/NGO, or have fiscal sponsorship through a registered nonprofit/NGO
- Request funding for specific project participants who meet the criteria described in the general eligibility guidelines on the Fellowships & Grants page
- Describe how project participants will benefit from their involvement and the importance of their participation to the larger goals of cultural exchange
Please note the following restrictions:
- ACC funding cannot be used for artist fees or production expenses
- Production, creating new work, and audience-driven outcomes are not a priority
- Applications that do not name individual project participants and include their biographies and work samples will not be considered
How to Apply
Application instructions can be found on the How to Apply page. Please note that Letters of Inquiry for the 2020 funding cycle were due on November 7, 2019. Only a select number of applicants who submitted LOIs will be invited to submit a full application. Updated guidelines will be posted here when the next application cycle opens in September 2020.