Passionate about cultural exchange and the arts? Join ACC's dynamic team! Current opportunities for internships or full-time positions at our offices around the world are listed below.
The Asian Cultural Council offers summer, semester, and year-long internships to undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals. Given the small size of ACC’s staff, interns engage in meaningful projects that provide in-depth exposure to an international nonprofit arts organization. Please note we offer compensation for our internships.
Internships are offered to applicants with an interest in the arts and/or arts administration, including program development, fundraising, special events, finance and operations, and executive. Applicants should be responsible, organized, detail-oriented, possess strong writing and computer skills, and demonstrate professional decorum and ability to work independently. Knowledge of one or more Asian languages or cultures is a plus. Interns report to the Executive Assistant.
Application Process: ACC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a cover letter describing your specific interests and qualifications for the internship as well as a copy of your resume with ACC INTERNSHIP in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls or email inquiries please. Only applicants with legal authorization to work in the United States will be considered. For more information on ACC, visit www.asianculturalcouncil.org.
Asian Cultural Council New York is seeking a part-time Marketing & Communications Intern to assist with our social media platforms, creative content such as email marketing campaigns, flyers, etc., website content management, list management, and event support.
- Manage ACC’s Social Media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn via Hootesuite
- Enhance ACC’s social media presence through regular, quality posts and increase month to month followers and likes through organic growth strategies
- Respond and interact with followers via social media in a professional, friendly manner
- Take photos and videos at events for social media content
- Assist in writing copy for creative content such as email marketing campaigns, flyers, etc.
- Assist in website content updates as needed (blog posts, alumni events)
- Assist in streamlining, organizing, and archiving media for marketing purposes (photos, videos, testimonials, etc.)
- Maintain hygiene of contact lists and database content as needed
- Provide support for events, including creating invitations, guest list management, catering
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal/written) and attention to detail
- Experience managing social media platforms with a track record of ability to grow audience
- Professional demeanor, ability to work with a team, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Creative, proactive, and enthusiastic to promote ACC, with an eye for design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 365 (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Hootesuite, Bloomerang, and Constant Contact a plus, though not required)
- Photography and videography skills a big plus
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in another language a plus, but not required
Interns are managed and mentored by senior marketing and communications staff to develop the skills needed to excel in this position. Orientation, training, regular performance feedback, and one on one guidance will be utilized to build upon the existing skills the intern brings to the table. Projects will be designed to be challenging and encourage professional growth.
For full job description, please click here.
Internship begins immediately and pays $15-$20 per hour commensurate to experience, minimum of 20 hours per week.
Application Process: ACC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a cover letter describing your specific interests and qualifications for the internship as well as a copy of your resume with "ACC MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN" in the subject line to: email@example.com. No telephone calls or email inquiries please. Only applicants with legal authorization to work in the United States will be considered.