Headquartered in New York City, the Asian Cultural Council (ACC) is a leading nonprofit foundation working in cultural exchange between Asia and the U.S. to advance international dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect. Individual fellowships and organizational grants are awarded to support research, study, and creative work by leaders practicing 16 disciplines in the arts and humanities in the U.S. and 25 countries in Asia. ACC staff in New York City work closely with four regional offices in Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, and Manila.
Data Management Internship Overview
ACC offers paid summer, semester, and year-long internships to undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals. Given the small size of ACC’s staff, interns engage in meaningful projects that provide in-depth exposure to an international nonprofit arts organization.
ACC currently seeks an intern to assist with and support data entry, management, hygiene, and interpretation relating to grant activity and operations.
- Support data entry, management, and hygiene across various projects
- Support the transition to new data management software
- Organize, manipulate, and interpret data into charts and graphs
- Assist in research related to program development and operations as needed
- Support grants administration tasks as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with particular strength in Excel
- Ability to manipulate and interpret spreadsheet data into graphs and charts
- Familiarity with data management software; experience with Microsoft Dynamic 365 a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively under deadlines
- Interest in the arts and cultures of Asia preferred
- Fluency in English; proficiency in another language a plus but not required
All ACC staff are currently working remotely through June 2021. The internship will be virtual, with expectations to work 10-15 hours per week between the hours of 8am – 6pm, Eastern Time. A laptop will be provided. The internship will begin immediately and pays $15 per hour.
ACC is an equal opportunity employer. Please email a cover letter describing your specific interests and qualifications for the internship as well as a copy of your resume with “ACC DATA MANAGEMENT INTERN” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 2, 2020. Only applicants with legal authorization to work in the United States will be considered. For more information on ACC, visit www.asianculturalcouncil.org. To download this information as a PDF, click here.