General Eligibility Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all grant areas. Applicants should review these guidelines thoroughly to see if they are eligible to apply and if their proposal will be a strong candidate for funding. Additional information can be found in the FAQ.
Individual applicants must be either residents or citizens of Taiwan, R.O.C., and their proposed program must involve travel between one or more countries on the list.
|East Timor||Mongolia||United States|
|Hong Kong SAR||Myanmar|
Professional artists, arts administrators, scholars, graduate/post-graduate students, and organizations working in the following fields:
|Archaeology||Crafts||Literature (for travel to and|
|Architecture||Curation||from Japan only)|
|Art History||Dance||Museum Studies|
ACC grant funds may be used for costs associated with travel and research only. Research is broadly defined as any activities in pursuit of creative or scholarly inquiry, and may take many different forms. The following examples of allowable expenses are not an exhaustive list and are intended as a general guideline only:
- Allowable travel expenses may include international airfare, local transportation, visas, travel insurance, accommodations, and living expenses.
- Allowable research expenses may include admission fees and tickets to cultural institutions and events; fees for classes or workshops; photocopying or supplies; and translator fees.*
*Please note that if your project requires the extensive use of paid translators, it is unlikely to be funded. Participants in the New York Fellowship Program must have English language proficiency.
Expenses and activities NOT supported by ACC funding:
- activities conducted by individuals in their home countries
- commercial and industrial design
- commercial activity of any kind
- production costs (including film, video, touring, etc.)
- artist exhibitions and performance tours
- undergraduate and secondary school study
- tuition (ACC can help cover living and travel expenses for graduate/post-graduate students only)
- organizational overhead
- projects beginning before or after the funding period; the funding period is 18 months beginning June 1st of the year after the submission deadline
ACC holds one open application cycle per year.
|December-March:||application review and interviews|
|May:||award decisions made by the ACC Board of Trustees|
The application for the 2018 grant cycle will open in mid-September and the deadline to submit will be 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on November 9, 2017 / 12:59pm Taipei Time on November 10, 2017.
The funding period begins on June 1st of the year after the submission deadline. Grant-funded travel must begin within 12 months of that date.
Please note that after notification, additional time is required to administer the grant agreement and process payment requests. While applicants are free to begin their projects as early as June 1st, it is advisable to plan for a later start if project planning cannot take place prior to securing funding, or if the money must be received before activities can begin.